| Beautiful... Mind Body & SoulI came across Modest Jones on MySpace quite by accident but there are no accidents. As I checked out her profile I realized that I needed to get an exclusive. Unlike some young ladies I've contacted, Ms. Jones responded promptly, she's about her business. After contacting her I realized that the quickest way to get the interview done would be over the phone. Even that became a small obstacle because I had a mini emergency and wasn't available @ our scheduled time. However, I was determined to get the scoop so I sent her some questions via my "Crackberry". Still on her game she hit me back expeditiously. Here's what the former Springfield, MA native had to say. B.M.B.S. : For starters, who chose Modest Jones as your alias or is that your real name? Modest Jones is my real name. B.M.B.S. : How did you get into modelling? I was constantly asked to model. Once I began my PR and promotional work in the Hip Hop Industry, I kinda got sucked in. B.M.B.S. : Any inspirations or role models? Role Models: God, Barack Obama, My mother, Judy Jones. Inspirations: Queen Elizabeth, Eminem, Tyra Banks, Beyonce Knowles, Keyshia Cole and my sons. B.M.B.S. : You mention Tyra, Beyonce , etc.. I can understand adding your sons to the list but with all the women on it how does Eminem get a slot? What is it that brings him to the table? Eminem is the perfect example of a person who has used his art as an outlet for his repressed feelings. I can relate to the rough childhood due to a broken home, and I feel that if he hadn't been so honest with himself, he would have allowed the media to prevent him from being so successful. I applaud anyone who becomes a millionaire all the while staying true to oneself. People speak negatively about Slim, meanwhile, they're putting money in his pockets. B.M.B.S. : What projects are you currently involved in? The launch of my website. The character development for my role on a television series. Creating my niche in Hollywood. To name a few... B.M.B.S. : How do you plan to use your power and wealth to better your community? The biggest problem in my community is the crime that I believe is the result of pure boredom. I will donate money to the Boys and Girls Clubs in my hometown so that they may try to coordinate more activities to keep the youth occupied. I will definitely become a public speaker when the time is right. B.M.B.S. : Has your career been affected by your relationships or vice versa? My career has definitely been affected by one particular relationship.I allowed this man to dim the light that I now allow to shine through. Also, once we parted ways, my image became less conservative as I had no one to answer to. My relationships have been affected by my career in the way that the more successful I become, the less true friends I seem to have. Also, there are a lot more guys that seem to be intimidated by me. B.M.B.S. : What is the greatest obstacle that you've had to face? The greatest obstacle I had to face was negative publicity. That was before I took on the approach: "All publicity is good publicity". I figured once people stopped talking, that would be when I really had a problem. I mean, they talked about Jesus. Didn't they? B.M.B.S. : What is your daily motivation? I'm happy to wake up in the morning. To see my sons' faces. To know that I'm destined for the greatness that lies ahead. I thank god for all the gifts he gave me. B.M.B.S. : What advice, if any do you have for someone who wants to walk in your shoes? Find your own path, and pay close attention. B.M.B.S. :What is your greatest love? MUSIC B.M.B.S. : What is your pet peev? Any form of negative energy (from poor hygiene to distrust) B.M.B.S. : What would you want people to remember about u? I can honestly say that I know exactly who I am, and I love me! | |
Friday, January 9, 2009
B.M.B.S. Interview (www.bmbsfamily.com)
Living Life.. Modestly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment